A course in the Accelerated Software Engineering Foundations Series in which students will gain a comprehensive understanding of principles/concepts of Java programming and how to apply those principles/concepts in conjunction with principles of software engineering to design and develop object- oriented software systems. Students taking this course should have an understanding of programming language fundamentals including variables, constants, selection, iteration, arrays, and functions or methods.
This course is QM-Certified by Quality Matters.
- Develop software in an Integrated Development Environment.
- Demonstrate competence in basic programming concepts.
- Use a given UML diagram to construct a class with constructors and methods from it.
- Demonstrate competence in collections such as arrays and array lists.
- Describe data persistence and develop programs that persist data by performing file input and output..
- Demonstrate competence in using Java Exceptions to secure potentially failing parts of a program.
- Demonstrate the skills to define subclasses for a given class.
- Use GUI elements to build graphical interfaces.
- Use Recursion to solve problems.
- Use inheritance and design patterns to structure a larger object-oriented program.