Advanced topics in database management systems will be covered, for example, further dependencies and higher normal forms, transaction processing, concurrency control, backup and recovery, indexing, replication, managing large databases, and contemporary issues and topics in databases.
- Map a database to BCNF, 4th and 5th normal forms.
- Create stored procedures and triggers.
- Apply transaction processing concepts and techniques.
- Apply concurrency control in a database.
- Apply advanced indexing techniques.
- Apply database backup and recovery techniques.
- Work with distributed databases.
- Manage and work with large databases.